Save the Date
- Picture Retake Orders are due by November 30
- PTF Meeting: December 1 at 8:30 am in the Dining Hall
- Open House for K-3 Parents: December 6 at 4:30 am
- Welcome Home Wednesday: December 7 at 9:30 am
- Breakfast with Santa: December 10 *See “What’s Coming Soon” below
- Christmas Class Parties: December 20 at 11:00 a.m.
- Thank you for supporting our Lower School Media Center during our SCPS Buccaneer Book Fair last week! Your purchases allow the Lower School to acquire even more picture books and novels for our eager readers!
Christ in Action
- The Lower School National Elementary Honor Society (NEHS) collected shoe boxes to send across the globe through Operation Christmas Child. Students donated 139 shoe boxes for this worthy cause. NEHS members collected the boxes and helped load them for delivery. Thank you, SCPS, for sharing the love of Christ through this Christmas charity!
What’s Coming Soon?
- Breakfast with Santa will be held on Saturday, December 10th from 8:00 am until 10:00 am in the Cafeteria. Reservations are required. The cost is $10 person. Click HERE for more information and to print the reservation form.
- Adventures in Holiday Cooking begins November 30th! Please visit our after school activities website at www.scpsasap.weebly.com to register for this very popular (and yummy) class!
- Grade level Spelling Bees will take place on December 12th in the Media Center.
- 9:00 am Grade 1
- 9:30 am Grade 2
- 10:00 am Grade 3
- 10:30 am Grade 4
- 12:30 pm Grade 5
- 1:00 pm Final Bee with Grade 4 and 5 winners
- Mrs. Wigand’s Third Grade class used the Chromebooks to study their spelling words using Sadlier Oxford’s www.vocabularyworkshop.com!
- The Akins’ hallways are filled with fall and Thanksgiving work by our youngest Raiders, the PreKindergarten and Kindergarten students.
- Mrs. Brown’s Fifth Grade Science class researched natural disasters and created posters for their event.
- Mrs. Kelley’s Fifth Grade Reading Class enjoyed the beautiful weather and read outside!
- In Art, the First Grade has been studying analogous color schemes (colors that are next to each other on the color wheel). Students drew four trees and painted them using four different pairs of analogous colors. The artists also created a colorful background using the primary and secondary colors. The trees were then cut out and glued on their backgrounds.
- In November, the Breakfast Book Club met and discussed their favorite books. To read their recommendations, click HERE!
- Mrs. Porter has been teaching coding with all grade levels this fall. Third Grade helped to guide the Angry Bird to the Pig!
- Third through Fifth Grade students are studying realistic fiction in Media with Mrs. Crosby. They have been using iPads to check their understanding of the genre while participating in centers.