Save the Date
- Thanksgiving Holidays: November 21-25
- Picture Retakes Orders are due by November 30
- P.T.F. Meeting: December 1 at 8:30 am in the Dining Hall
- Open House for K-3 Parents: December 6 at 4:30 pm
- Welcome Home Wednesday: December 7 at 9:30 am
- Breakfast with Santa: December 10 in the Dining Hall (Registration information below)
- The LS Sunshine Committee hosted a double-baby shower for Whitney Eubank and Shannon Bateman on November 15. Both of our “Mommies to ‘BEE'” are expecting little boys this winter. We are so excited to watch our Raider family grow!
- Our PreKindergarten, Kindergarten, First, and Second Grades welcomed their Grandparents on Thursday, November 17! The Hip Hop Turkey song was a BIG hit! The Third, Fourth, and Fifth Grades entertained their Grandparents on Friday, November 18. Making a joyful noise to the Lord included kazoos! Thank you to our wonderfully gifted music teacher, Rebecca Shealy!
- In memory of their grandparents who could not be with them for Grandparents’ Day, third grade created a memorial in Building 7.
Christ in Action
- Mrs. Bel’s First Grade class presented a Thanksgiving day chapel for us on Wednesday, November 16.
- Students who received the Barnabas Award for being faithful were treated to lunch with Mrs. Burnsed! The Barnabas Lunch Treat (B.L.T.) proved to be a fun time for fellowship!
What’s Coming Soon?
- Breakfast with Santa will be held on Saturday, December 10th from 8:00 am until 10:00 am in the Cafeteria. Reservations are required. The cost is $10 person. Click HERE for more information and to print the reservation form.
- Picture (Retake) Orders are due by November 30. After that date, please order online or mail in your order to Jostens.
- The 5th graders are showing they are thankful this week! They each wrote a word problem on a fall colored leaf and put it together to make their “thankful tree“. We are thankful that God gives us the ability to reason and solve problems!!
- Lower School students showed their appreciation for our Veterans.
- Fourth Grade is building an “Array City.” Students are learning about multiplication and division right now, and an array is an arrangement of objects, pictures, or numbers in columns and rows. Arrays are useful representations of multiplication concepts. Check out this math skyline!
- Second Grade students created “Thankful Plates” to show the things for which they are most thankful.
- Thursday’s Art Workshop (an after school activity) made ceramic turkey bowls in celebration of Thanksgiving!
- Congratulations to Davis Stone for earning his 500 Reading Counts points certificate!
Did you Know?
- You may still order a Lower School Yearbook! Please click HERE to download your order form.