Welcome to Our Program
Here at Savannah Christian Preparatory School, we offer 3 different childcare programs for our Lower School.
Our Before Care Program begins at 6:30 a.m. and ends at 7:45 a.m. The wonderful morning experience offers many fun activities for the students before school begins.
Our Extended Care Program is from 2:45 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. It offers students time to unwind with a snack and plenty of indoor/outdoor play.
Our Aftercare Program is from 2:45 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Each child is provided with a yummy snack. Time is given to provide physical activities indoors and outdoors (weather permitting). Lastly, it has designated time for homework for our older students.
Drop-in care is available.
Holiday care is offered throughout the school year. We must have at least 10 students registered and pre-paid in order to offer holiday care.
|Before Care||6:30am-7:45am*||$135 / month|
|Extended Care||2:45pm-4:00pm||$145 / month|
|Aftercare||2:45pm-6:00pm*||$225 / month|
|Before & Aftercare||*See above times||$250 / month|
$25 / service before August 7
$35 / service after August 7
$40 drop-in fee after 4:00pm
$25 every quarter hour after 6:00pm
|Drop In||Before Care||$10 Daily|
|Holiday Care||6:30am-6:00pm||$45 Daily/$60 Daily*|
* Holiday Care Pricing – Early Registration is $45 daily and Registration is $60 daily
Procedures for Dropping off Your Student
- Please park in the parking lot near the Akins building and walk into the building.
- If you arrive at 7:25 am or later, it is best to park to the left of the Akins building to avoid getting stuck in the carpool line in the mornings.
- Please, sign-in/clock-in your student every morning.
Before Care Locations
- Pre-K – 5th: Akins Building Classrooms
Procedures for Picking up Your Student
- We invite you to come sign-out/clock-out your student in the Akins Building. If a staff member is not present to help you, you may call the before/aftercare mobile number listed on the bulletin board in Akins hallway.
- Hours for Aftercare are from 2:45 p.m. until 6:00 p.m. A $25 late pick-up fee will be assessed for every quarter hour after 6:00 p.m. that a student is not picked up.
- Hours for Extended Care are from 2:45 p.m. until 4:00 p.m. Any student that is not picked up by 4:00 p.m. will be moved into an Aftercare group. This move incurs a drop-in charge of $40.00.
- Prek: Akins Building Classrooms
- Kindergarten: Akins Building Classrooms
- 1st/2nd: Akins Building-Lower School Media Center or Classroom
- 3rd/4th/5th: Akins Building-Lower School Computer Lab
Rules & Consequences
- Treat others with God’s love.
- Obey the 1st time.
- Play safely and appropriately.
- Exhibit a learning spirit.
All rules found in the Student Behavior Guidelines from the Parent-Student Handbook apply to before & aftercare as well.
Each child who has honored all After Care rules will be given a special reward during After Care.
- Verbal Warning by Staff Member
- Sit Out from Activity
- Note home
- Immediate contact with the parent
Severe misbehavior and/or multiple Savannah Christian Lower School Disciplinary Forms may result in expulsion from the Aftercare program.
- Water bottle
- Extra pair of clothes (in case of accidents, spills, mud, etc.)
- Jacket for days cooler than 70 degrees
- Extra snack (in case your child does not like the snack provided, is still hungry, or has allergies/medical conditions)
- 1st–5th grade materials for homework time (pencils, pencil sharpener, paper, etc.)
Need to Know
- Always have your ID or Car Visor Tag readily available
- Please label all your child’s belongings
- If you need to speak with a staff member, please call our mobile number, our landline or the Lower School Office (numbers listed on the Before/Aftercare bulletin board)
- Any billing/payment questions may be sent to Melissa Shuman (email@example.com).
- Please read all emails, check the website periodically
- Provide your child with all knowledge and medical supplies if necessary (ex: Epipen and inhaler)
- No toys, collectors cards, or electronics
- Re-register your child every year for Before/Aftercare services if needed
Holiday Care Information
Early Registration: $45 daily
*The Holiday Care Registration form must be completed by each given due date for early registration to be applied. The given due date can be found on each individual form.
Registration: $60 daily
6:30 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
Akins, Lower School Gym, Playground, Cafeteria
2 snacks & lunch at the cafeteria
Things to Bring:
Water bottle, change of clothes, jacket (weather permitting), a blanket for rest time (PreK/K)
*Holiday Care will be held in the Lower School Gym for 10 or more registered students. We will notify you at least 24 hours in advance if care is canceled.
An opportunity to sign up for each date or group of dates becomes available as the holiday approaches.
Students must be signed up in advance to secure a place in holiday care. A specific number of allotted spaces are available each day.
Holiday Care Registration Forms that are currently open are available online. Click on the underlined day of the date needed below.
*It must say “Your response has been recorded” at the end of your form for it to be submitted correctly.
Holiday Care Tentative Schedule 2019–20
|September 2||Labor Day||Closed|
|October 14||Student Holiday||Care Offered*|
|November 11||Veteran’s Day||Care Offered*|
|November 25-26||Thanksgiving Break||Care Offered*|
|November 27-29||Thanksgiving Break||Closed|
|December 23-31||Christmas Break||Closed|
|January 1||Christmas Break||Closed|
|January 2-3||Christmas Break||Care Offered*|
|January 6||Student Holiday||Care Offered*|
|January 20||MLK Jr. Day||Closed|
|February 17||President’s Day||Care Offered*|
|March 13/March 16-20||Student Holiday/Spring Break||Care Offered*|
|April 10||Good Friday||Closed|
|April 13||Easter Holiday||Care Offered*|
|May 25||Memorial Day||Closed|
|May 26-28||Post Planning||Closed/Summer Break Begins!|