- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age and meet the requirements of the licensing agency.
- Must have a warm and friendly personality, and be sensitive to the feelings and needs of others
- Must be able to relate well to children
- Must be willing to fulfill responsibilities in accordance with the School’s program and philosophy
- Preferred: First Aid Certified
- Supervise the children at all times, ensuring their well being and safety.
- Help with the general housekeeping tasks.
- Maintain a professional attitude and loyalty to the School at all times.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect.
- Participate in all staff meetings and recommended training, courses, and other aspects of professional growth, maintaining current knowledge of early childhood practice.
- Help maintain a neat and organized atmosphere.
- Recognize the needs of children at different stages of development.
- Help children establish good habits of personal hygiene.
- Be able to work Holiday Care.
- Supervise all activities to ensure safety at all times.
- Report to the Director with any problem which may occur with the children.
- Perform additional program duties as assigned by the Director according to the School’s needs.
- Participate in dismissal procedures at the end of aftercare, ensuring that each child leaves with the appropriate authorized adult.
- Greet parents and children with salutations and smiles.
- Work with other staff members to form a positive, supportive team atmosphere.
- The Before care program begins at 6:30 am until around 7:45 each morning. The Aftercare program runs from 2:40 pm until around 6:00 pm on regular school days. It follows the school calendar from August to June. The Caregiver is required to commence from 2:15 pm to set up, and is required to stay until the last child is collected and the environment is left clean and tidy. Some Holidays are requested to work.