Seeking substitute teachers as classroom leaders with specific responsibility for supervising students within the classroom and other assigned areas on an as-needed basis. Substitute teachers will deliver lessons and assignments in instances where the classroom teacher is absent. The teacher collaborates with other teachers, other professional staff, and administrators in addressing classroom issues. The person needs to be knowledgeable about classroom management and enthusiastic about engaging students in learning.
SCPS has identified five competencies of effective teaching and student learning based on current research and understanding of curriculum content, practices for effective teaching and learning, our philosophy of a Christian school environment, the integration of faith and learning, and the implementation of our mission.
The 5 Competencies of Distinctive Christian Teachers
- Display a personal and professional behavior reflective of the characteristics of a Christ-follower.
- Reflect excellence in curriculum content, planning, alignment, and delivery.
- Demonstrate expertise in instructional practices, management, and assessments, while integrating faith in learning.
- Establish an engaging learning environment and positive student relationships.
- Contribute to collegiality, community, and school expectations.