The Director of Campus Life fulfills the school’s mission through innovative, incredible programming that results in student involvement and leadership. Additionally, the individual connects with students to develop mature, able, and responsible Christians’ attitudes and skills. Savannah Christian is committed to Christ-centered, quality education, and academic excellence.
Essential job functions will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supports the school’s mission and leadership and is active in the life and culture of the school community.
- Fills the role of Campus Minister.
- Coordinates all weekly chapel programs for middle and high school students.
- Coordinates student discipleship programs.
- Develops and implements community service and service-learning experiences for students.
- Supports with counseling and assistance those students who face physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns.
- Initiates and coordinates local, national, and international mission opportunities for students and employees.
- Coordinates efforts to link SCPS with the local faith community.
- Develop and implement ongoing student programming that is both fun and builds community.
- Communicate effectively and proactively regarding upcoming student events.
- Plan and chaperone student activities.
- Plan and maintain a School Student Activities calendar.
- Oversee the advisory system, partnering with counselors.
- Encourage spiritual life and ministry among students and staff.
- Assist with the counseling of students and the development of student leadership.
Accept responsibility for other assigned duties as deemed necessary by the headmaster and principals.
Demonstrated competencies will include the following:
- A mature but fun-loving individual who has a consistent relationship with Jesus Christ.
- An evident love and desire to communicate their faith with students.
- Passionate about students.
- Extremely relational.
- Effective written and verbal communicator.
- Exemplary personal and professional judgment.
- Sincere appreciation for the diversity within conservative, orthodox Christianity.
Qualifications: The following are the qualifications of the Director of Campus Life:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Christian Ministry, Theology, Education, or Counseling or a combination of degree and experience with ministry or student life (a graduate degree in one of these areas preferred).
- Subscribe to a conservative, orthodox Christian theology and lifestyle.
- Proven skills in organizing and implementing programs and services.
To apply for this job please visit savcps.com.