Dates to Know
- Tuesday, April 4–8th grade PSAT testing at Eckburg (see Jupiter email for details)
- April 28– Middle School Dance
ADVENTURES IN ETIQUETTE
Adventures in Etiquette is being offered to students! This hands on program is designed to give your son or daughter the opportunity to build self-esteem and increase CONFIDENCE in social and dining situations. The skills learned will boost self-esteem and help him or her successfully navigate through life! Students will have hands-on experiences with:
* Place settings
* ABC’s of Dining
* Appropriate behavior in a restaurant
* Components of a GREAT First Impression
* Host and guest duties
* Giving and receiving gifts
* Telephone etiquette
* How to interview with CONFIDENCE
The culminating event will be a five course meal a the Pink House to PRACTICE skills learned.They will each receive a corsage and boutonnière .
DATES: April 4,11,18 and May 2 event at the Pink House
PRICE: $160.00 including the 5 course meal at the Pink House
8th grade Parents….see below for information about the Kleeman Scholarship!
Dear 8th Grade Parents/Students:
In the summer of 2011, the family of Joy Kleeman established the Joy N. Kleeman Scholarships. Four scholarships were established in the amount of $2,500 each. The candidates for these scholarships are Savannah Christian students in grades 9, 10, 11, and 12. Candidates should be students with good academic credentials, community involvement and have an interest in pursuing a career in education. One scholarship is awarded annually to a member of each Upper School Class.
All 8th Grade Students are invited to apply for the 2017-2018 Scholarship for 9th Grade. The scholarship would renew annually provided that the recipient is making satisfactory academic progress. Please contact Janet Pigott in the middle school office for the application.
Middle School PTF
The City of Savannah is now accepting applications for the 2017-2018 Savannah Youth Council. The Savannah Youth Council is open to all rising 8th graders in private, public or home schools located in Savannah and Chatham County.
We are looking for committed, hard-working students who have a vision to help us improve and enhance community life for the youth of Savannah. If you have students attending your school who possess these qualities, we would like to consider them for the next Youth Council class.
What is Savannah Youth Council?http://www.savannahga.gov/index.aspx?nid=562 (More information available on the website)
- City of Savannah Youth Council created in 2004 and open to all 8th graders in Savannah and Chatham County
- Focus on three areas: civics, leadership development and community service
- Gives middle school youth a voice in their local government
- Students participate in: educational activities and events; citywide meetings, initiatives
- Model based on Chatham County Youth Commission
- One of the first of this kind in United States!
Snapshots and Happenings
First stop to DC…Fredericksburg, VA
Ms. Aultman’s Life Science classes add their drawings to a Gray’s Reef display. Gray’s Reef National Marine Sanctuary lies off the coast of Georgia and is one of the largest near-shore “live-bottom” reefs of the southeastern United States (Gray’s Reef National Marine Sanctuary, 2015).
Acrylic Waterscape with Lara Buss SCPS Middle School Studio Art
Kate Theriot’s completed sewing project with Lara Buss SCPS Middle School Studio Art