PSAT in October
On Wednesday, October 19, the 9th grade students will take the PSAT 8/9, a preview of the PSAT/NMSQT. There is a $10 fee for the test. There is no practice booklet, but tips and strategies for the test may be found at https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/psat-8-9/inside-the-test. PSAT 8/9 scores may be used for placement in Advanced and AP classes.
All 10th and 11th grade students will take the PSAT/NMSQT on Wednesday, October 19. Last week, students were given practice books for the test. There is no fee for the test for 11th grade students. There is a $15 fee due to SCPS for 10th grade students.
Students take the PSAT for practice for the SAT test. In 11th grade, scores are automatically screened for the National Merit® Scholarship Program, an academic competition for recognition and scholarships, as well as for other scholarships. In 10th grade and 11th grade, scores may be used for placement in Advanced and AP classes.
Important information about the test can be found here:
Online practice for the SAT test can be found here: www.khanacademy.org/sat. There is PSAT practice available on the College Board website and in the practice books students were given.
About the PSAT:
The PSAT/NMSQT and PSAT 10 are highly relevant to your future success because they focus on the skills and knowledge at the heart of education. They’ll measure:
- What you learn in high school
- What you need to succeed in college
If you think the key to a high score is memorizing words and facts you’ll never use in the real world, think again. You don’t have to discover secret tricks or cram the night before.
The best way to prepare for the test is to:
- Take challenging courses
- Do your homework
- Prepare for tests and quizzes
- Ask and answer lots of questions
Volleyball Senior Night:
Tuesday night, September 20th, is Senior Night and the Lady Raider volleyball team will host Savannah Country Day and Hilton Head HS. The six senior players will be honored before the 7pm match. Come out and cheer the Raiders on!
Junior Class College Tour: November
The US Administration has arranged a college tour trip for November 2016. This will be the first organized college tour for juniors. There will be three stops on the trip: Georgia College and State University, Emory University and the University of Georgia. Additional information will be provided to the junior class this coming week. The cost for the two day, one night tour is set for $220 per student. The tour will occur on Wednesday and Thursday, November 16-17. The tour is optional. An initial $70 down payment to hold a spot will be due by Friday, October 7.
Senior Ads for the Yearbook
Senior Parents, September 2016
The yearbook staff has chosen a specific layout for each size of the senior ads. There are layouts for full pages, half pages, and quarter pages. Please choose your ad size and select the appropriate number of pictures for your ad. Please select tasteful photographs that help further our school’s mission statement. Do not use any photograph that has the word “Proof” on it. We cannot print these photographs due to copyright laws.
Number of Pictures and Prices:
- Full page ($275): 1 (for the larger picture) and 5 to 8 supplementary pictures
- Half page ($165): 1 (for the larger picture) and 4 to 5 supplementary pictures.
- Quarter page ($85): 1 (for the larger picture) and 2 to 3 supplementary pictures.
The deadline is Friday, October 28, 2016.
There are three steps to follow in ordering a senior ad:
1. Send digital pictures:
- Go to: jostens.com
- Use the user ID: 406193593
- Please name the photographs your child’s name and number one for the dominant picture that will be featured as the largest in the ad. If one of the pictures is not labeled as the dominant (#1), the yearbook staff will choose the one that will be larger and used for emphasis.
*Please scan your pictures at the highest resolution possible for best results.
2. Write a message to your senior to be printed in the senior ad: Send an email with your message to firstname.lastname@example.org to include your child’s name and “senior ad” in the subject line.
3. Paying for your senior ad online:
- Go to jostens.com
- Click on Yearbooks.
- Choose Order Your Yearbook Ad.
- Type in Savannah Christian High School in the School or Group name box and then select Yearbook Recognition Ad.
- Follow the directions on screen and complete your checkout. Please print your receipt for proof of transaction.
Please email me at email@example.com (Cheree Edenfield) if you have any additional questions or concerns. We look forward to designing a beautiful ad for your senior!
*Please note that this is a student production under the guidance of the yearbook adviser. While we try to include all pictures and text submitted, some items may be cut or edited at the discretion of the yearbook staff. The Miracle staff reserves the right to edit text for readability and to choose photos of good quality and taste in order to design the best quality ad. The journalism staff has the right to choose colors, fonts, layouts, etc. Every effort will be made to edit inappropriate pictures, comments, spelling and innuendoes. While every effort is made to be completely accurate, minor errors may unintentionally occur. Because the yearbook is a student production and a learning experience, complete satisfaction is not guaranteed.