The FUND for Savannah Christian Preparatory School is the continuation of our vision to provide state-of-the-art facilities along with unparalleled educational programs and athletic opportunities to all Raiders, from Daycare through Upper School!
The $4,650,000, 5-year Goal, of The Fund will enable Savannah Christian Preparatory School to finish several capital projects and to fund athletic and educational programs important to our families and future growth:
- The Doyle Kelly Middle School Gymnasium
- Athletics – Fields and Track
- Lower School Building Refurbishment
- Campus Safety Enhancements
- Extra-Curricular Programs and Educational Expansion
Since its beginning, Savannah Christian Preparatory School has been positioned to grow, wisely and economically. In 1999 we added the Akins Building, then the Daycare Building, and in 2010, our state-of-the-art Eckburg Center for athletics and fine arts. In August of 2017, our dream of a unified campus finally became a reality. Our Middle School students started the year on the Chatham Parkway campus in a brand new building located next to EDEN. The newly revitalized cafeteria and coffee shop also opened in August of 2017. On December 6, 2017, the gym formerly known as the Upper School gym was revitalized and dedicated to Coach Doyle Kelley for his many years of faithful service. The Kelley gym will now serve as the new Middle School gymnasium.
Now, it is time to complete our next step of faith.
Projects in Progress:
- Doyle Kelley Gym ($1.5 Million) Phase two of renovation plans are in the works for what was formerly the Upper School Gym. Phase one renovation included updated locker rooms, offices, lobby, restrooms, exterior facade and new roof.
- Field and Site Work – We are preparing fields, irrigation, well upgrades and sidewalks. Improvements are being made to the football and practice fields to accommodate all Upper and Middle School student athletes. An Upper School football practice field will be built near the Eckburg Center.
- $275,000 – Fence & Entrance – (FUNDED) Fencing along Chatham Parkway and a new entrance has been completed.
- Upper School Media Center – (FUNDED) Our Upper School Media Center has undergone a complete transformation due to the receipt of a $97,000 grant from the McClelland Foundation. Please stop in and see this “state of the art” facility.
- Removed the old caretaker’s home on property.
- Removed the modular building near the Lower School playground.
- Conducted soil testing and engineering prep-work to facilitate field work on the Chatham Parkway Campus.
- Merged the DeRenne Lower School with Chatham Parkway Lower School in August 2016.
- DeRenne Sale – Our sale of the DeRenne is complete. Proceeds from the sale will be applied to the construction of the new Middle School building and/or any urgent project needed to facilitate the one campus plan as deemed by the Board.
- Removed the “Old Daycare” buildings to prepare the site for the new Middle School Campus.
- New Middle School – We have completely renovated the “Old Daycare Building” to provide new classroom space that consists of 12 academic classrooms with faculty and student restroom facilities.
- Campus Traffic Plan – Our NEW traffic plan is an efficient way to accommodate the increased number of cars on campus now that all students are on one campus.
Want to learn more about The Fund? Call Becky Thomason, Chief Advancement Officer at 912.721.2122 or email her at email@example.com.