- PTF meeting, Rm 6, Tuesday 10/4 @ 8:30
- Campus consolidation meeting with Dr. Harmon in the MS cafeteria
- Tuesday, October 11, 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, October 13, 8:30 a.m.
- 1st 9 Weeks Exams–
- Wednesday, 10/12 Periods 1 & 5
- Thursday, 10/13 Periods 2 & 4
- Friday, 10/14 Periods 3 & 6
- Parent meeting regarding 8th grade trip, October 24. More specific details to follow.
- Friday, 10/28 Picture retakes
- Fridays are Spirit Days! Come in your Raider approved apparel with uniform skirts/pants.
8th Grade Trip to Washington, DC
See the link below for information on the upcoming parent meeting and 8th grade trip to Washington.
Grandparents Day Information
We hope you will be able to join us on Wednesday, November 16 at @:00 pm in the Middle School gym. See the flyer below.
Check our middle school athletics webpage for physical packets and game schedules:
2. Practice starts Tuesday October 25th and then on Tuesdays and Thursdays 5pm-6pm at Chatham Parkway wrestling room.
The Middle School Tennis Team had a very busy week!
On Tuesday, 16 Team Members traveled to Saint Simons Island to play Frederica Academy Middle School. The Raiders hit the courts ready to play! William Oliver endured a two and a half hour long, unbelievably tough match. You can’t win them all – but William gave it all he had and made his team proud. Ethan Thurmon was in it to win it and triumphed over his opponent! Alex Hoffman and Lily Beth Reddick were both playing at the top of their games. Alex was unyielding and pulled out a big win! Our doubles winners were Brooke Pelkey/Caylie Maye Cornwell, Isabel Ortiz/Angelina Goodman, and Brett Portzer/John Mauro.
Mixed Doubles winner were Caitlyn Skalla/Josh Skalla.
Boys doubles and all of our Round Two players did their best this week and represented our school with integrity.
October 4 PTF meeting agenda: oct_2016middle-school-ptf-agenda
Parents of 6th graders, please take a look at our upcoming PTF sponsored Teacher Appreciation Lunch.
Early Year Special Pricing. Order by Friday September 30th for this price. Total cost will increase by $5 for the remainder of the Fall Semester Order Period (through12/31/16).
Yearbook order form: orderform-1
Parents, the “ReplayIt” link below will show you how to submit photos to the middle school for possible use in the yearbook. Contact Josh Kerkau at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ms. Dixon’s Counselor’s Corner
Goal Setting when studying:
Having attainable goals while studying can be a very helpful tool to keep your student from getting overwhelmed. Here are a few suggestions when it comes to homework:
- Break it up—If a student has 25 math problems only allow them to see 5 at a time (use a notecard to cover up the rest and move it as they go).
- Take frequent breaks—Set a goal to do X amount of problems, sentences, etc. and when they achieve it take a ten minute break.
- Set a timer—Set a timer for 20 minutes during homework—when it goes off have your student break, stretch, run around outside for 10-15 minutes before doing the next assignment.
- Use incentives—Give your student a treat for big accomplishments.
- Remind students how proud you are of them when they achieve their goals—AND when they don’t—it’s important for students to remember that their identities are not found in their grades!
Snapshots & Happenings
Ms. Dudley’s Algebra students work to solve multistep equations.
Middle School getting into the homecoming spirit!
Ms. Gill’s physical science classes study states of matter.