- To our Middle School Families:Exciting changes are in the works to welcome our Middle School “Home” to Chatham Parkway. Dr. Harmon will host two informational meetings on the DeRenne Campus to share the progress made, our next steps, and what you will see in the next few months on Chatham Parkway. We hope to see you at one of the meetings which were scheduled for Tuesday, October 11th and Thursday, October 13th. These meetings will be postponed and rescheduled for a future date.
- 1st 9 Weeks Exams–
- Wednesday, 10/12 Periods 1 & 5
- Thursday, 10/13 Periods 2 & 4
- Friday, 10/14 Periods 3 & 6
- Parent meeting regarding 8th grade trip, October 24. More specific details to follow.
- Friday, 10/28 Picture retakes
- Fridays are Spirit Days! Come in your Raider approved apparel with uniform skirts/pants.
Door Decorating Contest
And the winners are…….
(From left to right): Ms. Oglesby’s 6th grade HR, Ms. Aultman’s 7th grade HR, and Ms. Lewis’s 8th grade HR.
8th Grade Trip to Washington, DC
See the link below for information on the upcoming parent meeting and 8th grade trip to Washington.
Grandparents Day Information
We hope you will be able to join us on Wednesday, November 16 at @:00 pm in the Middle School gym. See the flyer below.
Check our middle school athletics webpage for physical packets and game schedules:
1. Practice starts Tuesday October 25th and then on Tuesdays and Thursdays 5pm-6pm at Chatham Parkway wrestling room.
The team played some great tennis on a perfectly cloudy afternoon. This year team Black took the bragging rights with a win over Red! Thank you to Mrs. Rodriguez and Mrs. Bazemore for the yummy snacks and refreshing beverages!
Happy Birthday to Ethan!
(Thank you! to Coach Thurmon for the cupcakes!)
(All doubles) Black 4 – Red 3!
Parents of 6th graders, please take a look at our upcoming PTF sponsored Teacher Appreciation Lunch.
Early Year Special Pricing. Order by Friday September 30th for this price. Total cost will increase by $5 for the remainder of the Fall Semester Order Period (through12/31/16).
Yearbook order form: orderform-1
Parents, the “ReplayIt” link below will show you how to submit photos to the middle school for possible use in the yearbook. Contact Josh Kerkau at [email protected]
Snapshots & Happenings
Ms. Hobgood’s 7th and 8th grade band students
6th, 7th, and 8th grade English students work on banners using character traits to describe “What It Means To Be a Raider.”
Ms. Rea’s Earth Science classes identify different types of rocks during Safari Day.
Student totem poles on display in Ms. Davis’s Native American Studies class.
Ms. Dudley’s Honors Algebra class tracks Hurricane Matthew.