Save the Date
- See you at the Pole: Wednesday, September 28, 8:45 at the Flagpole
- Lower School PTF: Thursday, October 6, 8:30, Media Center
- Homecoming Football Game vs. Claxton: Friday, October 7, 7:30 pm
- Lower School Conference Day: Monday, October 17
- Report Cards come home: October 21
- Grandparents’ Days: November 17 and 18
- One hundred and eighty parents of first through fifth grade students logged on to NetClassroom to view first quarter midterm grades. Two classes had 100% participation! Mrs. Perry’s and Miss Crapse’s classes enjoyed a donut party for the highest percentage of participation! (If you need help accessing your child’s grades, please contact Cindy Burnsed at firstname.lastname@example.org.).
- Miss Puff got TWO “pies in the face” from Fourth Grade students Connor Daniel and Avery Hutto as a Boosterthon incentive! What a way to begin a Friday!
- Congratulations to Connor Daniel and Avery Hutto for being the top Boosterthon fundraisers in Lower School! For their hard work they were each presented with a Sbyke Bike in Friday’s chapel.
Christ in Action
- Lower School Counselor, Mrs. Burnsed, created a bulletin board to draw focus on the monthly Barnabas characteristics. Each month, a new characteristic is introduced. Mrs. Burnsed will help to identify what that characteristic means and what it looks like in action. You may find out more about how Mrs. Burnsed supports our students by clicking here.
What’s Coming Soon?
- Friends of the Environment Poster Contest! Mrs. Lingle and Mrs. Gray will introduce this year’s poster contest during chapel on October 7th. Posters will be due by October 24th. Winners will be announced in chapel on October 28th. Click here for the poster contest guidelines!
- Students from Mrs. Wigand’s and Mrs. Olson’s Third Grade classes presented their “Beatitudes” chapel Friday morning through song and Bible verses. They did a wonderful job!
- First Grade just completed a unit on American Symbols. They learned that saying the Pledge of Allegiance to the American Flag is a way in which Americans show respect and honor for their country. Every morning they salute the American Flag, the Christian Flag and the Bible. These symbols reflect their love for God and country. They also get to begin each day with the Lord’s Prayer. What a great way to begin their day! It’s a Great Day to be a Raider!
- Second Grade is learning about Punctuation! Mrs. Perry’s class completed an activity called “Punctuation Patches” using band-aids.
- In Art, fifth grade is well underway! They have created original design concepts inspired by Japanese Notans. They are learning how to create contrast with positive and negative shape and are demonstrating balance in their artwork through symmetrical and asymmetrical designs.
- Mrs. Crosby was very pleased to announce that over the summer, our students read 11,539 books! Davis Stone received his 250 Reading Counts points certificate and became a “Millionaire” after reading 1,697,159 words! Jason Lim received his certificate for 250 Reading Counts points!
Did you Know?
- For the safety of our students, parents are reminded that they may not use a cell phone while driving on campus.
- Lifetouch school pictures were sent home this week. Orders are due back by October 7, 2016. Checks should be written to “Lifetouch.” You may also order online using the information provided on your picture preview page.