Save the Date
- May 15: Talent Show in Eckburg at 9:00 am
- May 15: Barnabas Lunch Treat for Compassion
- May 16: PTF Meeting in the Teacher Workroom at 8:45 am
- May 16: 4th and 5th Grade Girl Human Growth and Development Program in Blue Room at 6:30 pm
- May 16-18: MS Cheer Tryouts (for rising sixth grade girls)
- May 17: Class of 2017 Senior Walk through LS hallways at 2:20 pm (Students may wear spirit wear! Teachers will be wearing their college t-shirts. Parents are invited to join us – with or without your college tee.)
- May 18: Fourth Grade field trip to Charleston
- May 19: Fifth Grade Recognition in Eckburg at 9:00 am
- May 19: Kindergarten field trip to GSU Botanical Gardens
Christ in Action
- Students were awarded the Barnabas certificate for being “Compassionate” during chapel last week. They will enjoy a BLT (Barnabas Lunch Treat) on Monday with Mrs. Burnsed.
What’s Coming Soon?
- Camp CHAOS and other Summer Camps are starting soon! Mrs. Gray’s Art Camp is one of our most popular offerings. The PreK through Second Grade camp is FULL. However, there are spaces left in the Third through Fifth Grade camp. Visit our website at www.savcps.com and click on Summer Program in the top right. See the Summer Art Camp flyer here.
- The Blue Room was a flurry of activity and musical fun last Thursday! A representative of Portman’s Music joined Mrs. Jenee Hobgood, Mrs. Rebecca Maish, and Mr. Anthony Broadnax in an “instrument testing.” Upper School band students helped out with our fourth and fifth graders. If your student brought home their testing booklet and you are interested in hearing more, please come to a Band Meeting on Tuesday night at 6:00 pm in the Band Room at Eckburg.
- Savannah Christian Preparatory School honored Dr. Ruth Ann Palmer for her nine years of service to our Lower School. Under her leadership, our school has been honored with the Blue Ribbon School of Excellence in 2011 and one of the Top 50 Private Schools in the USA! In a very special chapel for Dr. Palmer, first grade sang about the Fruits of the Spirit, then students and faculty spoke about how Dr. Palmer exemplifies these “fruits” while presenting her with a rose. Our generous PTF provided a beautiful reception and school representatives gave Dr. Palmer gifts. The 2017 yearbook was presented to Dr. Palmer, revealing the dedication to her inside. A precious, funny, and touching “good-bye” video was shown, and Dr. Harmon closed in prayer. Thank you to everyone who came to show their appreciation for Dr. Palmer’s service.
- Last Thursday, the Lower School Faculty and Staff honored our parent and grandparent volunteers with their annual Volunteer Breakfast. We cannot fully express the gratitude we feel for this very generous and caring group. THANK YOU!
- Live Oak Public Libraries hosted a LEGO Robot Dance Academy Recital. The event was the culmination of an eight-week LEGO Mindstorms EV3 Robot Dance Academy workshop series at the Garden City Library. Our own Madeline Campbell participated in this event. Madeline’s partner was Kashi, and her robot was named Roxie!
- PreKindergarten enjoyed story time at the Garden City Library. Thank you to our Media Specialist, Susan Crosby, for arranging this field trip.
- Mrs. Wenger’s class enjoyed their Chick-fil-A lunch!! Thank you to all who came out to Chick-fil-A night. Her PreK class had the highest participation and won this special treat. They say, “thank you!”
- Second grade took reading groups outside to enjoy the beautiful weather on Friday.
- Fourth graders went on a science field trip to Oatland Island on Tuesday. They experienced the marsh using various instruments to take measurements for salinity of the water, air and water temperatures, water depth, and clarity of the water. Many interesting organisms were looked at and identified under microscopes. Along the way, students got to taste the salt on the spartina (salt marsh cord grass). YUM!
- Accelerated reading students in Mrs. Ivey’s class enjoy outside time while doing a second edit of their stories with their peer editors. The stories will be written and illustrated in hard cover books. The next step is to put together a “book dummy.”
- Reading Counts Awards were presented at chapel on Friday. Congratulations to Brock Hart (250), Harrison Stone (250), Blaine Sikes (250), and Aarya Patel (1,000).
- SCPS had the privilege of celebrating National School Nurses’ Day on May 10! The LS showed some love to our school nurse, Julie Murphy. We are so blessed to have her!
Did You Know?
- Would you like to give your child a “jump start” to their school year? Our own Upper School math teacher, Jackie Wetmore, is offering her refresher program, Math Masters this summer. Click HERE for more information!