Save the Date
- PreKindergarten Field Trip(s): Elton & Wenger on December 18 and Bowen on December 19
- Christmas Class Parties: December 20 at 11:00 a.m. (Dismissal at 11:45) Children may observe a non-uniform day on Tuesday and Christmas clothing is welcome!
- Christmas Holidays December 21 through January 4. Students return on January 5th!
- Mrs. Crosby, our Media Specialist, was pleased to announce the winners of our grade level spelling bees. Congratulations to all the finalist and the grade level winners. Fifth grader Davis Stone will be representing Savannah Christian Preparatory Lower School at the regional Spelling Bee in February.
- First Grade Winners: James Brooks (1st place), Landis Hamilton (2nd place), and Jack Lyon (3rd place).
- Second Grade Winners: Harrison Stone (1st place), Krisha Bodalia (2nd place), and Yashi Bhomick (3rd place).
- Third Grade Winners: Aiden Lee (1st place), Jason Lim (2nd place), and Mason Zauderer (3rd place).
- Fourth Grade Winners: Amanda Brinck (1st place), Ava Cottis (2nd place), and Mark Bishara and Jasmine DeWitt (tied for 3rd place).
- Fifth Grade Winners: Davis Stone (1st place), Dwiti Patel (2nd place), and Taylor Cowart (3rd place).
- Fourth/Fifth Spell Off Winner and area representative: Davis Stone!
Christ in Action
- The Kindergarten classes of Staci Lucas and Shannon Bateman, along with Mandi Gunn and Lynda Terry, presented the Christmas story in chapel on Friday. Mary, Joseph, the Wise Men, and even sheep were joined by a “choir of angels” to share that first Christmas with our Lower School.
- The Christmas cards made by SCPS Second Graders were delivered to Riverview Nursing Home.
What’s Coming Soon?
- A new chapel schedule will begin for the Lower School starting January 6, 2017.
- Third through Fifth grades will attend chapel in the Dining Hall from 8:45 am – 9:15 am on Friday mornings.
- PreKindergarten through Second grades will attend chapel in the Dining Hall from 9:30 am – 10:00 am on Friday mornings.
- Mrs. Elton’s PreKindergarten class made their very own stockings to hang by the fire. Students made their Christmas lists on the inside of their stockings.
- Fifth graders visited PreKindergarten classes to make Reindeer Food and read Christmas stories with them. Santa Claus showed up for some pictures as well!
- Christina Thayer, mother of Cody Thayer and owner of Paint and Possibilities Art Studio, came and painted with Mrs. Wigand’s third grade class. The students had a great time.
- In fourth grade math, students have started a Fact Family Christmas Tree Farm. Students have been studying multiplication and division. They learned that multiplication and division are inverse operations of each other and therefore are in the same fact family. For example, if students were given the numbers 3, 7, and 21, they would be able to write two multiplication sentences and two division sentences. We decorated our trees with these fact family ornaments.
- Fourth Grade also did a little Christmas crime scene investigation. The presents in Santa’s sleigh have gone missing, and the most likely culprits have been rounded up. The students used their math skills to solve problems and gradually cross suspects off their list. Thanks to the deductive skills of the fourth graders, the presents were found and the suspect was caught!
- Mary Kelley’s fifth grade reading students are learning about “Christmas Traditions Around the World.” They read passages and took notes as well as using their Chromebooks to research information about specific countries. After completing the research, they made flip books to illustrate what they have learned.
- Mrs. Encapera’s after school Holiday Cooking class has been baking up a storm! This week young chefs made turkey and cheese sandwiches, rice krispy treats, and cookies with candy in the middle. Please visit our after school activities webpage to find more information about the ASAP offerings.
- Cassidy Williams colored a Christmas tree just like the one at SCPS’s First Annual Christmas Tree Lighting. Cassidy said that she especially enjoyed the sleigh (“sl…hay”) ride! Thank you, Mrs. Crosby!
Did you Know?
- Holiday Care will be available December 21st, 22nd, January 3rd, and 4th. We will be open from 6:30 am to 6:00 pm. Registration is required. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.