We are looking to recruit an observant Lifeguard to ensure the safety of our campers in our aquatic facility. The Lifeguard will explain safety rules to campers, warn them about unsafe situations, and enforce pool policies. You will play an instrumental role in maintaining orderliness by inspecting swimming pool areas.
Lifeguard Job Responsibilities:
- Supervises swimming activities at the aquatics facility and ensures that policies, guidelines, and safety procedures are followed.
- Warns swimmers of improper activities or danger and enforces pool regulations and water safety policies.
- Administers first aid in the event of injury, rescues swimmers in distress or danger of drowning, and administers CPR and/or artificial respiration, if necessary.
- Evaluates conditions for safety and initiates aquatics emergency action plan as required.
- Inspects pool facilities, equipment, and water to ensure that they are safe and usable.
- Supervises and assists in cleaning the pool and related facilities and equipment.
- Instructs or assists classes in fundamentals of swimming as needed.
- Resolves scheduling conflicts to ensure safe pool environment when competing programs/priorities require use of aquatic facilities.
Lifeguard Qualifications / Skills:
- Knowledge and ability to evaluate water conditions at aquatics facilities to determine any potential dangers or hazards
- Ability to adjust programs as necessary to ensure the safety of the campers and staff
- Swimming proficiency and comfort in all types of water conditions
- Ability to judge and evaluate evolving dynamics of individuals participating in aquatic activities to immediately assess their capabilities and threats to their safety
- Knowledge of on-site protocols, operational procedures, and safety policies
- Knowledge of methods and techniques for providing on-site emergency medical services
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 6 months of related work experience
- Certified Red Cross Lifeguard Training Certificate, or equivalent
- American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer, or equivalent
- American Red Cross Standard First Aid, or equivalent
To apply for this job please visit savcps.exacthire.com.