Holding a faculty rank, the incumbent, if qualified, will serve as the head of the department. The Director of Vocal Music collaborates with the theater director, serving as music director of the annual school musical. Additionally, the incumbent teams with the lower school vocal teacher to ensure a seamless vocal curriculum.
The candidate will have experience leading a vocal music program and should demonstrate leadership skills for program development. The candidates for this position will be carefully and prayerfully evaluated according to the following essential criteria:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in music and teaching experience;
- Professing Christian with a Biblically-sound faith experience that is clearly communicated;
- Holding a core belief in Biblical integration within a framework of academics, with the ability to implement and expand such a framework;
- Possessing the ability to create, direct, and maintain a total program which provides continuity and training that prepares students competitively;
- Leading through service, encouragement, and strength.
Additionally, the Director of Vocal Music must:
- Display a personal and professional behavior reflective of the characteristics of a Christ-follower.
- Reflect excellence in curriculum content, planning, alignment, and delivery.
- Demonstrate expertise in instructional practices, management, and assessments.
- Establish an engaging learning environment and positive student relationships.
- Contribute to collegiality, community, and school expectations.
Interested individuals should submit the following:
- Current Resume
- Ability to obtain at least five references upon request
To apply for this job please visit savcps.com.