Financial aid is available for students in all grades beginning with Pre-Kindergarten.
These need-based awards are available through the Victoria Jenkins Fund and the Georgia GOAL SSO and are intended to provide supplemental assistance only. Parents are expected to finance their children’s education to the extent they are able
There is no specific income level that qualifies a family for need-based aid; every case is individual. The evaluation process considers income, an amount of debt, number of people in the family, and assets. The entire process is confidential and takes approximately six weeks. Georgia GOAL is only available to students coming to SCPS from a Georgia public school. Please note, there is a $30 fee for each family that applies for the Victoria Jenkins scholarship.
To begin your financial aid application, follow the steps below. Please note that a student must be enrolled before applying for financial aid. Please contact Sarah Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an application for Georgia GOAL.
- Submit an Application for Enrollment, be tested, accepted, and pay the appropriate fees to the school. Spaces are not held for families who are waiting for notification of a financial aid award. If your child’s education at Savannah Christian hinges upon a financial aid need that cannot be met, a refund of the Registration Fee less $100 may be given.
- Once your child is enrolled as a student at SCPS, please log in to your ParentsWeb account and click on the “Resources” section, located on the left-hand side of your computer screen. There you will see our financial aid application. You may also apply directly from the FACTS website at https://online.factsmgt.com/aid
- Complete your applications by May 1. Please note, financial aid is not determined on a first come, first served basis.
- Based on the financial aid information you provide, FACTS gives us an estimated amount your family can contribute to educational expenses. This helps our school make fair and objective financial aid decisions regarding Victoria Jenkins.
- Georgia GOAL scholarship amounts are based on a family’s need and the number of scholarship funds available. You may only accept one SSO award. You may not add a GOAL award to another SSO award. SCPS only accepts funds from SSOs approved by our SSO Committee.
You may apply for both Victoria Jenkins and Georgia GOAL, but may only accept one form of financial aid. Families will be notified of award amounts by June 15.
Continuation of Financial Aid
Financial aid awards are renewable each year as long as there is a continued demonstrated need and the student maintains acceptable academic and behavioral standards. Families must reapply each year and the amount of each award may vary from year to year.
For more information regarding the Victoria Jenkins Fund, please contact Melissa Shuman at 912-721-2100.
For more information regarding Georgia GOAL, please contact Sarah Wright at 912-721-2102.